Abdul Rauf is a science enthusiast and research expert who established a platform to nourish and promote science culture in Pakistan. His aim is to popularise science and technology, to search science talent and develop research and development strategies. Abdul Rauf is a science education expert who encourages students and teachers to pursue science by passion and facilitates their access to science by providing training workshops and sessions to adopt project-based learning and inquiry-based approach. He established a Pakistan Science Club, a platform to invoke science enthusiasm among young students and teachers.
Founder and CEO, August 2008 to Current
- Working Group Member of the World Organization for Science Literacy
- Finalists of Falling Walls Engage on 7/8 November 2019 and our guest at the Falling Walls Conference on 9 November 2019 in Berlin
- A researcher, science education specialist, established a platform to nourish science culture in Pakistan by Popularization of Science and technology, Searching Science Talent and research and development.
- Worked on renewable energy sources such as biogas digesters, Wind turbine, solar energy etc.
- Providing consultancy over various science projects presented at national and international competitions like Google Fair, Intel Science, GIKI and many more local Science Fairs.
- Also a consulting member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, IEEE Karachi Section.
- Running different hands-on training program, consultancy and workshops for teachers and students at different schools throughout Pakistan.
Year: 2009 Master of Science in Marine Zoology Karachi University, Karachi
Acquired a Masters in Science degree in marine zoology
Year: 2005 Bachelor of Science Karachi University, Karachi
Completed bachelors of science in (Chemistry, Zoology and Botany)
- “Training of master trainers on inquiry-based science education (IBSE)” conducted by ECO Science Foundation.
- “IEEE Teacher In-Service Program (TISP)” in Dubai, UAE.
- “Science Club in Schools” conducted by Science Association Pakistan, Aga Khan University, Institute for Educational Development.
- Project Solar water heater got first prize in Progressive O/A Level school science fair competition Project mentor by Abdul Rauf
- Organizes 1st Water Rocket workshop and Water Rocket competition.
- Pakistan Science Club’s team won The City School PAF Chapter Branch Science Olympiad (PAF Intellect’14) Water Rocket Competition and MECHANO-MINDS and also got Best Team’s Award of Science Olympiad.
- PSC Team Member Habab Idrees got top position in Intel national science fair and became delegation to represent Pakistan at Intel international science fair mentor by Abdul Rauf
- Attended the workshop as Educator Panellist in IEEE Teacher In-Service Program (TISP) Workshop in Dubai, UAE at The Oberon, Dubai.
- Training in Teacher In-Service Program (TISP) Workshop organized by IEEE Karachi Section at FAST University City Campus
- Team Pakistan Science Club’s all three projects qualify for Intel National Science Fair 2015. Mentor by Abdul Rauf
- Produce video content for science activities. We have broad-based more than 400 videos from the platform of our video channels and video portals. Our YouTube channel has 80,000 subscribers and over 14 million views globally.
- FYP Research-based Project Exo-Skeleton design by Hassan Pg, Bilal Malik and Syed Wamiq.
- PSC in collaboration of Alif Aailaan conducted hands-on activities across Pakistan in 9 cities, targeted 4000 students, 50 teachers, 12 MNAs and MPAs.
- Team PSC exhibited at #MagnifiScience at Dawood Public School.
- For the first time in the history of Pakistan, we (Pakistan Science Club) brought fun science activities in Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with All MPA’s. The purpose was to initiate an idea about the new curriculum and teaching methods for science.
- Organized all Karachi Water Rocket Challenge 2017 in collaboration with ECO Science Foundation.
- Team Pakistan got the “Technology Award” at Global AI Championship, project mentor by Abdul Rauf
- Team Pakistan Syed Hamza Arbaaz Mahmood and Aamna got two bronze and one silver medal at # #CASTIC34 Macau china. Project mentor by Abdul Rauf
- Conducting online training session STEM_club science_club maker_space HighStar ScienceClub Hyderabad
- Conducted fun science shows in Swat Science festival more than 1000 students engaged
- Member of the World Organization for Science Literacy
- International Federation of Invention Association
- Maker Camp International
- Alif Ailaan
- Pakistan Innovative Foundation
- Institute of Business Management
- National Academy of Young Scientists
- Technology Times Magazine
- Global Science Magazine
- Teach for Pakistan