Which colors absorb more sunlight than others? Science Fair Projects for kids
Grade Levels: K-3
Question: Do some colors absorb more sunlight than others?
All colors absorb the same amount of sunlight. Some colors absorb more sunlight than others. Materials: Four tall clear glasses Water Food coloring Immersion thermometer
- Fill the glasses with the same amount of cold water. Record the tempera- ture of the water.
- Add 20 drops of red food coloring to one glass, 20 drops of yellow to one glass, and 20 drops of blue to one glass.
- Place all four glasses in a sunny place for 15 minutes.
- Record the temperature of the water in all four glasses.
Analysis and Conclusion:
Did the temperature of the water change? Which water got warmest? What did you learn about colors and light?
Latest posts by Abdul Rauf (see all)
- DIY Science Project Make RFID Door Lock - February 17, 2020
- Top 7 Wind Energy Working Model of Science Fair Project - January 16, 2020
- DIY Science Project: Wind Turbine Science Fair Project - January 16, 2020