How to make capacitor with aluminium foil and paper
How to make capacitor with aluminium foil and paper cup : A capacitor is a device for storing a small electric charge. When two conductive plates are separated by a small insulator called a dielectric, they produce an electric field. Aluminum foil is conductive while cling wrap is insulating. Both are flat, thin and ideal materials for building a do-it-yourself capacitor
Material needed to make capacitor with aluminium foil and paper cup.
- Disposable cups
- Aluminum foil
- thumb pin
- Mark the center line and draw plot ‘O’ on it.
- Make three arcs using a thumb pin or a permanent marker and thread
- Draw two lines from ‘o’ at 34 degree between them.
- Cut out the fan pattern
- Fold the aluminium foil in half.
- Trace the pattern on the doubled aluminium foil
- Cut the aluminium foil along the thread
- Wrap the foil around the side of each plastic cup and fix it with scotch tape
- Make several cuts at the end of the foil
- Fold the aluminium foil from the bottom of the cups and fix them with scotch tape
- Cut a strip of foil and attach it on the side of cup ‘A’
- Insert cup ‘A’ into cup ‘B’.
- Rub pvc pipe with tissue back and front almost 50 times close to aluminium strip to charge the cup capacitor.
Watch Video how to make capacitor with aluminium foil and paper
Latest posts by Abdul Rauf (see all)
- DIY Science Project Make RFID Door Lock - February 17, 2020
- Top 7 Wind Energy Working Model of Science Fair Project - January 16, 2020
- DIY Science Project: Wind Turbine Science Fair Project - January 16, 2020