The solar bug is an exciting fun learning activity to construct a moving insect that powers up using solar energy. The kids will explore solar energy and working of a solar panel, also they will learn about different types of motion, design, and the making of the bug.
- Small solar panel
- Paper Clips
- goggle eyes
Tools: Hot Glue gun
Solar Bug Kit Available at SciecneStore.pk https://sciencestore.pk/product/solar-bug/
Steps of Construction
- Take a paper clip and open it up as shown below.
- Select the larger U shape and cut extra parts using pliers.
- Similarly cut the second paper clip.
- Bend 4-5mm of the close U-end of each paper clip at 90 degrees, stretch both pairs of the legs a bit wider as below,
- With help of a hot glue gun, fix the legs at the bottom of the solar panel but make sure the clip should not touch the golden spots there.
- Using pipe cleaner, googly eyes, and card stock, decorate your bug.
- Note that there should not be anything above the solar panel so as not to trap sunlight and decoration should be lightweight, preferably with white color to maximize sunlight reflection and working.