Solar Cooker Science Fair Project Research project for kids
Grade Levels: 7-9
Which natural material works best to insulate a homemade slow cooker: paper, cloth, or hay? Possible Hypothesis: The best insulator for a slow cooker is paper/cloth/hay.
- 3 cardboard boxes of equal size (large enough to hold pan and insulating material)
- 3 potatoes of equal size
- 3 identical cooking pans with lids Newspaper, cloth, hay Thermometer Water
1. Place one potato in each pan and cover with the same amount of water. Boil them simultaneously for two minutes over the same amount of heat.
2. Place a layer of one insulating material in the bottom of each box, place the pans inside the boxes, surround the pans with insulating material, and close.
3. After one hour, record the temperature of the interior of the potatoes.
Analysis and Conclusion:
Which insulator worked best? Is this an energy efficient way to cook food?
Latest posts by Abdul Rauf (see all)
- DIY Science Project Make RFID Door Lock - February 17, 2020
- Top 7 Wind Energy Working Model of Science Fair Project - January 16, 2020
- DIY Science Project: Wind Turbine Science Fair Project - January 16, 2020