Make your Own vertical Axis Wind Turbine
DIY Science Project: Best Science Fair Project about wind energy is a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine
A vertical-axis wind turbine is a type of wind turbine where the main rotor shaft is set transverse to the wind while the main components are located at the base of the turbine. This arrangement allows the generator and gearbox to be located close to the ground, facilitating service and repair.
This wind turbine required
1. Neodymium magnet (Available ate PSC science store https://sciencestore.pk/product/neody… )
2. Tongue depressor
3. Round Sticks
4. Cardboard sheet
5. Plastic file
Watch Video Tutorial
What concepts are covered?
What Wind Turbines Are
How Wind Power Works
Motors & Generators
Further Study Ideas
What are the experiments?
Simple Generator-generate electricity & light an LED
Motor & Generator – use wind energy from one motor to power another
How Much Power? – measure power output (voltage & amperage)
Using Potential Energy – charge a capacitor & use it to power a motor
Science Fair Project Ideas:
How much wind energy can you store using the capacitor?
Measure the volts and amps using the multimeter.
How much power can your turbine produce while outside on a windy day? Enough to light up an LED?
Curious about renewable energy? Connect a solar cell in series or parallel circuit with the wind turbine. How much power is generated?
Host/Maker: Abdul Rauf
Produced by TEAM PSC
Old video tutorial
How to Make VAWT Vertical-axis Wind Turbine Alternator Coils
- See also: SMALL WINDMILL WATER PUMP DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
- HOW TO MAKE WORKING MODEL OF THE WINDMILL PROJECT WITH CARDBOARD FOR SCHOOL STUDENTS
- HOW TO MAKE AC GENERATOR “PERMANENT MAGNET ALTERNATOR” FROM OLD HARD DISK DRIVE MAGNETS
- HOW TO MAKE WIND TURBINE FOR SCHOOL SCIENCE PROJECT