Make wind turbine: Using a few common things, you can make a working wind turbine with your students for any school science project. If your students are especially keen, you can even make it produce electricity. The wind turbine will generate enough alternating current, or AC, to power a small light bulb. and also charge mobile phone with wind energy with few modification. For testing you will need a small electric fan to create the wind in class room.
Make your own DIY Small HAWT (horizontal axis wind turbines) wind turbine for School Science project from PVC pipe and bicycle Generator (Dynamo)
Wind Turbine project introduction:
A wind turbine is a device that converts kinetic energy from the wind energy, or also wind energy convert in to mechanical energy and mechanical energy converted in to electric energy by electric generator.
In this wind turbine PSC Host Habab Idress building a wind turbine from PVC pipe and old bicycle dynamo (Generator) this generator max power is 5 watts and PVC pipe wind blade efficiency approximately 10 to 15 %. If bicycle dynamo (Generator) is not available in your area you can make electric generator, this wind turbine can design by students and teacher for their science fair project. we are trying to make it simple cheap and efficient.
Terms and Concepts
You should be familiar with the terms below, as well as the names of the parts of the wind turbine.
- Wind power
- Wind turbine
- How does a wind turbine make energy from wind?
- Why does a wind turbine need to have a good aerodynamic design?
- Why is a demonstration of work (hauling a weight) the same thing as generating electricity?
- Old or new 5 watt bicycle dynamo (Generator)
- PVC pipe 4 inch dia and 14 inch in length
- some nut bolts
- super glue
- Iron strip
- iron saw
Diagrams and Photos
wind turbine blades paper template
wind turbine blade side view
wind turbine construction tools and material
wind turbine's electric generator
wind turbine's PVC Pipe
Construction: How to build a mini wind turbine
make a paper template according to diagram and take 14 inch and 4 inch diameter PVC pipe then attach the paper template on PVC pipe and trace out line at pipe. after marking lines on pipe cut the pipe with iron saw carefully. you have to cut 2 pieces of blades from PVC pipe after cutting the blade attach both blades to each other with the help of iron strip and drill in the center of iron strip by drill machine then fix with generator.
Complete instruction of Wind Turbine construction watch this video
science Fair Project Mini wind turbine by paksc
Online Support: Visit https://paksc.org/community/groups/4-do-science-help
- DIY water Feeder for wild bird from pet bottle
- How to build an alternator AC generator (Urdu Video)
- Make your own Electromagnet (Urdu)
- How to make Power Inverters 12 VDC to 220 VAC UPS
Buy Wind Turbine
Do You want to buy this wind turbine for science fair project? please visit sciencestore.pk windmill kit for kids
- Material: PVC Plastic
- Blade: 2 blade 2ft diameter
- Output: Max 5 watt 6 volt
- 10 LED's
- How to build a mini wind turbine
- Make a very simple Windmill
- DIY Wind turbine by Arsalan Shakil
- Make your own very simple Clip motor "DC Motor"
Fun Time with Wind Powered Skateboard, Recently we design Wind blades out of PVC pipe and test with drill machine, you can see how habab ride on his skateboard with this power of wind.