Room Air Heater
Room Air heater is a must to do winter project to keep your room warm enough with minimum energy and low-cost equipment, young makers will learn the making of the heater with their parents. The participants will get to know about the topics of Energy conversion, Laws of energy with their real-life conceptual applications.
- Build a model that converts electrical energy to thermal energy.
- Explain that energy is not created or destroyed, but rather converted from one form to another.
- Demonstrate the concept of air heater
- 5 Volt DC motor
- Battery Holder
- 100 Watt Bulb
- Bulb Holder
- Shoe Box
- Aluminum Foil
Note: Material is Also available on sciencestore.pk https://sciencestore.pk/product/stem-kit-4-0/
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue stick
Note: Buy an online Toolbox kit for DIY Science Projects
Related STEAM Projects and Experiments
- Make an Insect Pooter
- How To Make Conductive Bracelet
- How To Make Solar Bug
- Homemade Solar Water Heater
- Recycled Plastic Bottle Solar Water Heater DIY Project
Steps of Construction
- Stick the aluminum foil inside the shoe box and its lid with the help of a glue gun.
- At the center of the smaller rectangular side, make a hole with scissors and make cuts in + shape as shown
- This should be large enough to fix the holder in a way that the bulb should not touch the base of the box.
- Measure the diameter of the propeller and mark a circle at one side of the lid and cut the circular marking.
- Take two popsicle sticks/pencils or any thin sticks and put a motor with a propeller in between them and stick to the circular opening in a way that sticks should be at the upper side of the lid and the propeller should be inside the lid.
- Check that if your propeller is pulling out the inner air, if not then swipe the connections.
- Join the switch with the motor and battery holder in series, glue the battery holder on the upper side of the box.
- Fit the lid in a manner that the bulb holder should be opposite to the propeller.
- Make 2-3 holes below the bulb so it can take air inside.
- Fix the bulb into the holder, turn on the propeller first, and then switch on the bulb, your heater is now ready.
- Electrical Energy: Electrical energy is a form of energy resulting from the flow of electric charge. Energy is the ability to do work or apply force to move an object.
- Thermal Energy: Thermal energy (also called heat energy) is produced when a rise in temperature causes atoms and molecules to move faster and collide with each other. The energy that comes from the temperature of the heated substance is called thermal energy
Subscribe to Pakistan Science club Youtube channel #PakScienceClub