Chemistry Experiment: Production of Carbon Dioxide : Carbon dioxide is a naturally occurring chemical compound composed of 2 oxygen atoms each covalently double bonded to a single carbon atom.
Materials & Tools
Vinegar, Baking Soda, Ice cream Stick, Empty Plastic Bottle, Infusion tube, Scissors Spirit Lamp, Match Box, Large Iron Nail, Lime Water Test Tube(3)
- Make a small hole in the cap of a plastic bottle using a hot nail
- Cut the infusion tube 12-18 inches long.
- Insert the infusion tube in the hole of the cap and attach it to the plastic bottle.
- Put the 2nd end of the infusion tube in the test tube.
- Put some amount of baking soda in the plastic bottle.
- Add some vinegar in the bottle and close the cap immediately.
- Collect the gas, produced in the bottle, into the test tube.
- Burn a match stick and insert it in the test tube.
It is extinguish
Put some lime water in the two test tubes.
- Pass the gas in one test tube by putting the other end of the infusion tube in it.
The lime water changed from transparent to milky!