Chemistry Experiment: Production of Carbon Dioxide : Carbon dioxide is a naturally occurring chemical compound composed of 2 oxygen atoms each covalently double bonded to a single carbon atom.
Materials & Tools
Vinegar, Baking Soda, Ice cream Stick, Empty Plastic Bottle, Infusion tube, Scissors Spirit Lamp, Match Box, Large Iron Nail, Lime Water Test Tube(3)
- Make a small hole in the cap of a plastic bottle using a hot nail
- Cut the infusion tube 12-18 inches long.
- Insert the infusion tube in the hole of the cap and attach it to the plastic bottle.
- Put the 2nd end of the infusion tube in the test tube.
- Put some amount of baking soda in the plastic bottle.
- Add some vinegar in the bottle and close the cap immediately.
- Collect the gas, produced in the bottle, into the test tube.
- Burn a match stick and insert it in the test tube.
It is extinguish
Put some lime water in the two test tubes.
- Pass the gas in one test tube by putting the other end of the infusion tube in it.
The lime water changed from transparent to milky!
Latest posts by Abdul Rauf (see all)
- DIY Science Project Make RFID Door Lock - February 17, 2020
- Top 7 Wind Energy Working Model of Science Fair Project - January 16, 2020
- DIY Science Project: Wind Turbine Science Fair Project - January 16, 2020