wireless electricity Project : Simple wireless electricity transmission project is an example of electromagnetic induction. It can be made by using simple components and easy circuit that are as follows
- 26 to 30 gauge copper wire (Magnet wire)
- One AA battery
- 2N2222 Transistor
Diagram of Simple Wireless Transmitter.
Basic parts of Simple wireless electricity project[/caption]
Steps of Construction
The simple wireless electricity project consist of two parts that is Receiver and Transmitter
Making of Receiver
- Make a coil of 15 turns and connect LED to its ends.
Making of Transmitter
- Take a PVC pipe and make a coil of 7 turns on it, leave 3 inch wire to make a loop for central terminal and whirl the wire again 7 times.
- After completing the coil, three terminals will be obtained.
- Now take 2N2222 transistor, connect its base terminal to first end of coil and collector terminal to the last end of coil.
- Connect emitter terminal of the transistor to negative terminal of AA battery.
- The central terminal of coil will be connected with positive terminal of AA battery.
The transmitter is now ready. Place the receiver coil 1 inch above transmitter. You will observe glowing LED.
How does the project works
The wireless electricity transmission is achieved by oscillating magnetic field.
- At first, AA battery provide direct current source (DC).
- The Direct Current is converted into high frequency Alternating Current (AC) with the help of transmitter circuit.
- This alternating current energizes the transmitter coil which generates magnetic field.
- When secondary coil (receiver) is placed near to the primary coil, the changing magnetic field induces an alternating current in it.
Demonstration of wireless electricity transmission.
Watch Video Tutorial on YouTube
Video Tutorial for wireless Electricity transmission project
See Also: Science Project Wireless Electric Car