A School STEM club is an out-of-school-hour or in School-hours Pakistan Science Club offers children the chance to do science-related activities that extend and enhance the science they experience in the classroom.
1. Membership will be open to every student of the school.
2. Requirements for Membership:
a) Attend at least one meeting a month (during the activity period)
b) Participate in a minimum of 2 activities.
c) All members have to follow the instruction given by Pakistan Science club head office.
3. Any member may be suspended or expelled from the club for conduct obviously contrary to the Constitution of the club or for conduct that impairs the rights of the members to enjoy the benefits of the club.
Note: Rules could be amended for membership.
1. The officers of the club shall consist of at least 4 members.
b) Vice President
2. Powers and Duties of officers:
a) The President shall preside at all meetings of the club. He/She shall be the official spokesperson of the club, representing the policies, views and opinions of the club in its relations with the school and community at large. He/She has further powers and duties as prescribed by the club.
b) The Vice President presides at the club meetings in the absence of the President. He/She performs all duties assigned by the President. He/She notifies all members of the club meetings.
c) The Spokesperson communicates all the activities, events and workshop to the classrooms to inform all the students of the school in order to ensure that maximum number of student can involve and participate in it.
d) The Secretary takes minutes at all meetings of the club, files minutes and submits required copies to all club members. He/She is responsible for all club correspondence and keeps copies of all correspondence on file. He/She acts as historian and maintains all records of the club.
1. The committee members will depend on the total number of members of the club. Each member will be the group leader of 10 members of the club. It will work in accordance with the officers to organize the activities of the club throughout the year.
Note: ALL the committee members will be selected by school staff and teachers.
Any interested and passionate science teacher who can present his/her mentoring services voluntarily to the School Science Club nominated by school can become head and Mentor of this. He/she will be official spokesperson of the Pakistan Science Club in school and guide the students regarding all the activities and events in the school in accordance with the policies of the PSC.
1. The material cost to carry out any activity will be provided by the school or any other funding society.
2. All records for the material and tools requirement and expenses on activities must be kept by the Secretary.
1. The club shall abide by the rules and regulations of (ABS) Fatima Jinnah School.
2. The mentor will deal with infringement of these rules and regulations. The maximum penalty imposed by the mentor shall be expulsion from the club.
MEETINGS AND TRAINING WORKSHOPS
1. General meetings will be held with PSC representative, mentor and officers to keep informed and planning of the club activities once in a week.
2. Training workshops will be held for officers and activity committee members which will be necessary for all the members to attend once in a week.
2. Special general meeting will be held once in a month with PSC representative, mentor, officers, activity committee and with all school club members.