Note: Pakistan Science Club is only leading and mentoring the Beginner Division this year. Elder girls, ages 13-18 can participate on their own.
- Student’s age 8-12 can participate alone or in teams (each member in the team will have separate Technovation account)
- There should be at least one parent or guardian with each girl to guide her throughout the program since the program is completely online.
- The program is self-paced and online, mentors from Pakistan Science Club will guide, lead and motivate the participants but will not conduct any classes or regular sessions.
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Students can only join 1 team. There is no limit on the number of mentors per team. Mentors are recommended, but not required
- To submit to the Technovation Girls competition, a girl must create or join a team on our online platform, have a parent/guardian sign the consent form and meet the following Student Participation criteria.
Technovation Girls annually has approximately 300,000 participants from 120+ countries
- 12 weeks of curriculum to guide students to identify a problem and create (and code) a mobile app solution
- Chapter & Club Ambassadors support group leaders to motivate, lead, and coordinate.
- Students get feedback from experts and join a local and global community of changemakers.
Four areas of the Curriculum
40+ hour curriculum cover:
- Ideation: Identify a problem to solve
- Technology: Train a Machine learning model to solve the problem
- Entrepreneurship: Do user research & plan how to get your idea out into the world
- Pitching: Create a pitch video to share why your work matters!
- The beginner curriculum uses images and videos to explain coding and AI concepts.
- You will use MIT App Inventor for coding OR AI project materials to learn how to train an AI model and use software platforms.
- On the map you can see an outline of the curriculum and the topics that it will cover
Our end-of-season culminating event is in which all Technovation Girls participants submit their project for a chance to win finalist or regional prizes! Takes place in August of each year.
- Project Name & 100 Word Description
- Pitch Video
- Demo Video
- Learning Journey: 2-6 images and 100 words
- Team Photo and Summary
- Source Code or AI Training Data