Vacuum pump adapting a bicycle air pump
a) a bicycle air pump
b) a 10ml syringe
) a disposal infusion set (HANACO +, made in China)
d) plastic tube (internal diameter 6mm, length 50 cm)
1. Take a bicycle air pump apart, reverse the packing at the top of the piston rod and set the piston rod into the cylinder as shown in Fig.5.
2. If the air pump has an outlet valve, remove it.
3. Make an inlet valve using a disposal infusion set and a 10ml syringe as shown in Fig.6.
4. Attach the inlet valve to the outlet of the air pump.
5. Attach an attachment (A or B) to the inlet valve.