How To Make 3D Hologram Projector
Science club projects for grade 4 to 7
3D Hologram Projector is a physical object that uses principles of reflection and refraction to form a 3D image. The image that appears to be an illuminated object can be seen normally and indistinguishable from actual object. An easy hologram can be constructed by using a CD case or by a transparent sheet with some super glue and simple measurements.
To make a hologram, we will need following material
A transparent sheet can be use to make a hologram or a transparent CD case can be used, as it is a little bit tricky and difficult to deal with CD case so transparent sheet will be a better choice. The geometry and transparency of the hologram enables us to observe the phenomenon of reflection, refraction, diffraction and interference of light.
- Permanent Marker.
- Scotch Tape.
- A Pair Of Scissors.
- Super Glue.
STEPS OF CONSTRUCTION
- Take a transparent sheet and draw a trapezium with permanent marker whose parallel sides are 1 cm and 6 cm respectively and height is 3.5 cm.
- Draw four trapeziums in the similar manner.
- Cut these trapeziums with scissors.
- Join them temporarily side by side with their non parallel sides with the help of scotch tape.
- Once completed, join them carefully with super glue.
- Remove scotch tape.
- The hologram is ready, now put this on any holographic video in smart phone and enjoy 3-D image formation.
Download PDF PSC-hologram-projects